Fashion is not just about following trends but also about being comfortable. The fact that crop tops are trending doesn’t really mean it’s gonna fit you; it all depends on the figure you are flaunting. Sometimes we just have to dress to mask our body flaws.
Some women have bigger thighs and bottom; others have fat arms, big tummies, ample busts, etc., making it hard to rock those dresses that a petite woman would.
However, first things first, you have to love your body, and you have got to accept yourself the way you are, then you would know how to dress right.
So let’s talk about big thighs, how you can dress them and make them look thinner.
• Maxi dress: It is one of the trending dresses of the season that come in different fabrics, and it’s good for any outing. The key point here is to use the maxi dress to draw attention away from your bottom body. A maxi dress that has a decorated top, keeps people’s eyes fixed on the top part of the body.
• Denim: To make the big thigh look proportionate, go for straight leg and boot-cut denim or pant. You could do a narrow fit; that’s if your thigh is slightly big.
Dark shade of denim or pant is good. But if you have to wear light colors like beige, go for solid colors. Full-length pants or denims are the best.
• Blouses: The length of your top or blouse tells a lot on your thighs. It’s good you go a few inches below your waist.
A long tee with a dark pant is more like it. If you prefer wearing a colored pant or denim, pair it with a top that brings more attention to the upper part of the body. You can embellish it with a statement necklace or earrings. V-neck tops elongate the neck. Empire necks also take the eye up, same with structured sleeves and peplum tops.
• Long Skirts: Say NO! to mini-skirts. Long skirts are comfortable to wear on any outing. A long skirt with an attractive fitted top gives you that cheeky look and shift’s attention from the heavy thigh’s area to the top. Accessorize top parts of your body with necklaces, earrings, scarves, for more visual interest, away from the thighs.
- Dhoti Pants: it’s a modern version of traditional Indian clothing. It’s a great pick for women with heavier thighs. It helps to give you this elongated look. Choose the ones with lighter and flowing fabrics. Pair it with tops that add volume to the upper part of the body.
Like a padded blazer, tops with flowing long sleeves or layered tops add playfulness and volume.
• Jump suits: Jump suits, romper suits or play suits are here to stay, so you have to look for the one suitable for your body frame. A belted jumpsuit with halter neck styles, slash neck, or boat neck and straight or slightly flared leg, with a great necklace, brooch or a big earring to fix more attention on the upper body is awesome.
You could go all monotone, dark color jumpsuits that cover the whole body to the ankle and don’t create more awareness on the lower part of the body.
• Knee-length dress: Free flowing shift dresses or wrap dresses to the length of the knee are great options for women with heavy thighs. They hide the curves and shift more attention to the top of the dress.
Your shoe says a lot about your outfit, it makes your story perfect, especially when you are wearing the right shoes. Nude heels, whenever they match are cool; they make your legs appear slender. Don’t wear stiletto with jeggings, try a wedge better still.
By : Anaele Chinyere