Sometimes we get confused on what to wear for the weekend outings, with friends, colleagues or just simply going for picnics with loved ones. Not to worry, things can be made easier, as I present to you tips on how to rock the right casual outfit and look exceptional, classy and smart, while still basking in that aura of casualness and comfort.
Please note that this is not an extensive list on rocking casuals, because dressing in casuals can be versatile and broad. I’m just going to talk on a few ‘’must have’’ casual outfits, which almost everyone should have in his or her wardrobe.
When it comes to casuals, l’d always loved women in Jump suits or Rompers, it’s classy and sexy. I also love women rocking Denims.
Jump suits are the easiest things to wear; they are comfy and trendy, particularly when properly accessorized. These accessories compliment the Jumpsuit, especially the long ones and give it panache.
• Belts on a Jumpsuit would give it a different style, be it skinny or big belt, metallic belt, wear it and step out in style.
• Flat sandals are safe bets to go with jumpsuits; you could wear block pencil heels too. In Rompers, heels, though not too heely, would be WOW!
• Keep your jewelry casual and minimal. If it’s a sleeveless jumpsuit, a big bracelet and a wristwatch would do. A short neckpiece and a pair of dropping earring would be cool. You don’t need to overdo it.
If you feel like putting on Jeans, then make sure you look for trendy jeans that are great on you. If you have skinny legs go for Skinny Jeans. Skinny Jeans help to give you a sleek appearance.
• A perfect Tee-shirt, whether V-necks, Crew-neck or a Tank-top would be cool. Make sure it fits you well, and it’s not too short or too baggy or too tight on you. It doesn’t have to be solid; you could try patterned stripes or a floral Tee-Shirt. You don’t necessarily have to tuck-in, especially if you are short waisted like me.
• If you are putting on Skinny Jeans, you need a flowy top. Silk, satin or chiffon would give it a more feminine look.
• With your Jeans outfit, you can tie a colorful scarf to accessorize your hair; it gives you this stylish look.
• For footwear, ignore gym-sneakers, try Puma sneakers. Flat shoes are cool with Jeans; Tee-shirts go well on wedge sandals. If you are wearing chiffon, stiletto heels can create a sexy statement.
• Wear nice bracelets and wristwatch. Complement your neckline with a fancy necklace and a pair of great earrings. You could wear shades on it (depends on the time of the day of course), and you will be awesome.
For men, make sure what you are putting on fits your body well, without being too tight. Dress right and you will set yourself up for fun, but if you dress like a buffoon, hmmmm… you would wish you never stepped out.
• Denim jean’s trouseres go with any color of shirt, either light shirt or jacket.
• You could wear shorts, especially those athletic shorts that bring out the energetic side of you. Khakis are good with polo and white undershirts.
• Be simple; don’t wear too much jewelries or multicolors. Don’t dress like a rock star with so many blings.
• A pair of jeans, black or white striped shirt, blazer and a nice belt with neutral-colored shoes would turn you out casual and sharp.
• Casual doesn’t have to be boring. Enjoy your colored shirts. A good advice: avoid wearing shirts with big logos it makes you look like a walking billboard.
By Tolulope Ajayi
Photo Credit: Mange Kimambi, esty.com,befashiontrends.com, Afrobelle, Clarienadine.com, Icreatemedia Nelson
About Tolulope Ajayi
Tolu might not think of herself as a fashionista, but from her childhood, she’d always loved being creative, and learning to do things on her own, with her hands, most of which fortunately, coincidentally, now have become fashion – she sews, makes hair, makes customized jewelries, shoes, bags, beads, and bakes (well, that may not be part of fashion…lol).
She loves with passion, her career as an Advertising and Marketing Communications Practitioner. Tolu enjoys reading, writing, movies and music. Her favorite fabrics of all times are the Ankara and Chiffon, neckpieces happen to be her most loved fashion accessory.
Tolu’s personal style guideline is what she calls Style C3- Creative, Comfortable and Classy.
This article is the property of mytrinity magazine and should not be copied or reproduced without the consent of the editor as its copy right protected.